On-Grid Solar PV Systems
Our On-Grid Solar PV systems are Captive Solar PV systems. This means they are custom designed for your energy needs so that whatever Solar PV energy that is produced is directly used where it is needed on site. There is no storage (e.g. battery) in this type of system.
There are three main reasons why you would want to consider investing in an On-Grid Captive Solar PV system.
- Desire to reduce 10-50% of energy costs by displacing some of the energy consumption from the utility with cheaper green Solar PV energy
- Get certainty on a portion of production costs (or operational costs) against future utility tariff price increases
- Improve company brand image by reducing carbon emissions
There are three main criteria to make an investment in an On-Grid Captive Solar PV system viable.
- There must be enough shade free rooftop or ground space available to install Solar PV panel arrays
- The load demand profile (power consumption) must be fairly consistent during the day and throughout the year
- The location where the Solar PV system will be installed coupled with your facility that will use the power must have long term plans to stay at the same place for at least 10 years.
All our system proposals use Tier 1 components ( Classified by Bloomberg as bankable products).
We provide financing options that allow you to get the benefits of a Captive Solar PV without incurring upfront costs as follows:
Option 1: Client pays for Solar PV power consumed at a cheaper rate than the utility rate which also gradually pays off the system
Option 2: Monthly installments linked to performance guarantee that gradually pays off the system
All financing offers are tailored to client needs. A binding offer will be provided after due diligence is concluded.
Estimate your savings
This calculator helps estimate savings from installing a solar PV array.
Savings after 10 years:
Upfront cost for solar array: KSh
Electricity unit cost: KSh /kWh (with 3.00% inflation year on year)
These figures are approximate, to help you estimate potential savings. Your actual savings may vary. Please contact us for more detailed analysis of your requirements. Cost data is correct as of .
Get in touch
Please contact us for further information about the products and services that we offer. We will be happy to arrange a site survey to better understand your requirements and offer our suggestions. With offices in Nairobi and Mombasa we are well equipped to serve you wherever you are located.